Friday, June 3, 2011

A new update

I really need to make sure that I do at least a weekly post.

I have been making a Forth interpreter in Racket for fun, which has been pretty awesome. I wish I had more time to read through more Forth interpreters (most of the ones I've looked at have been pretty small) so I could get a better idea of the whole compile-mode part of it.

I took a break from SICP to read the Little Schemer, which was awesome. I'd like to do a formal review later.

Here's my current tech reading list:

SICP (currently halfway through chapter 2, need to update the problems).
The Joy of Clojure
The Seasoned Schemer
Essentials of Programming Languages
On Lisp

Joy of Clojure and Seasoned Schemer may be flipped or read in parallel, as well as EOPL and On Lisp.

Also somewhere in there I want to read Elements of Computing.

No comments:

Post a Comment